1. Can my Arlo camera accessed by only IP address, or can be integrated into any other system?
No, the Arlo camera can’t be accessed simply by IP address; they cannot be integrated into any other system.
2. Can I use a motion detection function to turn on Hue lighting via my Arlo Camera?
Yes, you can.
3. How can I access my Arlo camera?
First you should download the Arlo application via the AppStore or PlayStore. Then the user is offered to either login to an existing account, or creates a new one. Next, the base station should be connected to the router and powered. After a while, the application will automatically find the base station, you can start working.
4. How to pair up an Arlo camera?
The process of pairing went smoothly. Just select the camera, and then press the two synchronization buttons on the base station and on the camera.
5. How to install a battery inside a new Arlo Camera?
To install the battery inside, the camera must be opened. The battery is charged in the installed state via the micro-USB port. Either batteries can be contaminated in external charging, but it will have to be bought separately. In principle, this investment justifies itself, because you do not have to shoot the camera every time to recharge the battery.
6. How the camera suspension can be handled?
An unusual depression can be seen behind the camera. However, it is part of the camera suspension. Netgear abandoned the usual hinge by choosing another solution. The camera comes with two metal hemispheres. They are already screwed with ordinary screws.
7. What to do if I don’t want to use the magnetic holder in the camera?
If you do not want to use the magnetic holder, you can screw the camera to the hinge with a screw, there is a corresponding hole with a thread. But the hinge is not included in the package.
8. What is the base station of the camera?
The base station looks more modest, it is enclosed in a matte case with rounded corners. However, it should not attract attention to itself; the base station will mimic the surroundings of the living room.
9. What is the best place to locate a base station?
The base station should be located somewhere in the central place of the room, If you are activating the siren function.
10. Where the recorded video in Arlo camera is stored?
The captured video is not stored locally (for example, on a NAS), but is downloaded to the Netgear cloud. A basic subscription is available for free.
11. Why the Netgear need to be praised separately for installing Arlo camera?
For the installation process Netgear should be praised separately, because there are practically no obstacles when setting up the cameras. Is that the application a couple of times for a long time “thought”, but here helped return to the previous step and repeat.
12. Can I get a notification or signal when someone enters into my house?
The camera is able to act as a siren, issuing an alarm with a loudness of 100 dB, if during your absence someone got into the house.
13. Is my wireless Arlo camera is capable of connecting to the existing Wi-Fi network?
Yes, the camera can quickly connect to an existing Wi-Fi network. A wide-angle lens with a viewing angle of 130 degrees provides the ability to monitor the entire room. There is a video recording for the cloud service.
14. Is it worthwhile to buy an Arlo Camera?
Arlo Camera is a significant upgrade to its predecessor. Especially the rechargeable battery is in continuous use a big comfort gain, especially since the runtime is high. The new base station is also a reason to resort to the newer model thanks to its higher range and alarm function. The camera reliably fulfills its purpose and stores its images online, so that they are also available on the go
15. Which special feature can be use to record to record a video at a particular time?
In standard mode, the camera will only start recording when it detects motion or noise. Alternatively, the user can use the app to record at specific times or use the GPS feature of the phone.
16. Is my video quality will be good enough with an Arlo camera?
The video recordings are sharp enough with 720p, and the camera also works reliably in the dark.
17. What is the key role of the base station of an Arlo camera?
The base station of the Arlo Pro stores your images on the cloud on requestNetgear servers. The trick: Netgear gives buyers of the system the opportunity to retrieve the recordings of the past seven days via the online portal at no extra cost. That should be enough in most cases to detect suspicious activity or even a burglar.
18. What is the other option to keep a backup, if we don’t want to rely on cloud backup?
If you do not want to rely on the cloud backup, you can connect a USB hard disk to the base station and store the recordings locally, regardless of the selected tariff. Regardless of the storage location, the images can be viewed at any time via the Arlo app on the smartphone or play on the PC.