How to charge my Arlo Pro Camera?
Take the USB cable and connect one of its ends (smaller one) into the port of the Arlo pro camera.
- The bigger end of the USB cable must be connected to the power adapter.
- The user linked power adapter should be plugged into the electrical power outlet.
- The LED of the of your Arlo Pro camera will blink for 3 to 5 seconds when the power adapter will start getting power from the electric outlet.
- The battery will display its charging percentage in the setting corner of your Arlo baby camera.
- To get access over this setting page, you need to launch the Arlo app from your smart device.
- You can even log in to your Arlo account through the official website “my.arlo.com”.
- Click to the upper right corner of the camera and there you have to select “Device Settings”.
Can we replace the backup batteries of my Arlo Go, Arlo Pro, or Arlo Baby cameras?
No! You can’t change the batteries of your Arlo cameras, but it can be replaced by an authorized Arlo Service Centre. You can get information about your Arlo camera battery replacement from the experts at myarlo.com. Never open the battery compartment of your camera, even never try to self-replace the batteries. If you would try to replace the batteries of your Arlo camera, it can cause your camera to explosion or it can be shut down completely. Opening the battery compartment, again and again, can rise to severe malfunctioning into your camera.
How long the battery life can go, of all the top models of Arlo?
The batteries of all “Arlo wire-free camera’s” can run for approximately 4 to 6 months depending upon the use. On average it can go for more than 3 months.
The battery life of “Arlo Go Camera’s” can last up to 2 to 3 months with average use. It also depends on the signal strength of your mobile.
Some of the models of the Arlo Camera do not require to have batteries inside. These models are “Arlo Q Plus” and “Arlo Q Camera”.
An average use means you are using the cameras for best Battery life, video recordings, and audio streaming for at least 5 hours a day. Increasing the duration of the video or audio recordings can decrease the battery life of the camera.
Factors influencing the battery life of Arlo Camera
Some environmental factors lead to reduce the life of your Arlo cameras. These factors are such as, Temperature, which should be less than 32°F (0°C). Other factors are Light. If their low light in the environment where your Arlo cameras are working, then it will surely consume much battery than in the high or adequate light environment. If the distance between your Arlo camera and the base station is much than the required, then it will cause to consume more battery and will decrease the life of your battery. Some of the Wi-Fi interference, like solid obstacles, and metallic obstructions can also lead to decrease the battery life.
How do I set up Arlo IP Cameras with Arlo.netgear.com?
- Arlo cameras are totally wire-free, and is completely HD smart, specially designed for your home and office security.
- You can get the video recordings the way you want to have. You can even give audio instruction to the person under the surveillance of the camera, even if you are far away from your home or office.
- Most of the cameras are unable to give HD recordings during the night or during bad weather conditions, Arlo IP cameras can get all in just a few recordings.
- These cameras are capable to work even in worse weather conditions, like heavy rain and massive storm.
Things that you need to have to set up your Netgear Arlo Cameras.
- The IP cameras with base-station from NETGEAR.
- A modem and a wi-fi router.
User ID and the password of your Wi-Fi wireless network.
- A network cable and an electric power outlet near the router.
- A smart device, such as laptop, mobile, PC computer which should be connected to the same network as your IP cameras.
First Move: Connecting with the base station
To use your Netgear Arlo IP cameras, you need to install the base station first. To switch on the base station, plug the cable from any of the power sources of your home. Use the network cable to make the relation between your Arlo base station and the modem or router. To switch the base station on an active mode, you have to press the power button given on the base station. They will be ready to use when you get the network LEDs and the Base-station LEDs to turn green.
Second Move: Paring the IP cameras with each-other
On top of the IP camera, there will be a cover with the button, you have to open that cover. Insert the batteries into your IP cameras, and then close the cover. Keep the IP cameras at the distance of 1 or 2 meters from the base station. First press the sync button of the IP cameras and then press the sync button over the base station and let them sync with each other for two minutes. Wait till you see the LEDs to be flash green in colour on your base station, and blue on your Arlo IP cameras. Keep on repeating the process, until to sync the entire IP cameras with the base station one by one.
Third move: Setting up the IP cameras
After getting installed and sync with the IP cameras, you need to set up the IP cameras. For this, you should download the Arlo application on your iPhone or Android phone. Then you have to fire a web browser in your device. To get the Arlo application go to http://arlo.netgear.com through your computer, and then select the option “New to Arlo”, then you have to select the name of your product from the list, and click to the option “Found Device”. Now the window will ask to open your account with arlo.netgear.com by putting in the email address and the mobile number. Select a secure password for your account, and then enter your name. To have back up of your account in future, you have to answer some security questions.
Fourth Move: Terms and conditions After performing all the above steps, a window will appear to you, asking to agree on the terms and conditions. Tick the box that you agree with their terms and conditions, and then press the NEXT tab. At the next move, you will get an offer to choose the service plan. If you want to have cloud recordings for some more days or for a year, then you have to pay the required amount. Scroll down to get the green button that is for ” Basic” now, enter the chief screen of the application, where you can find that your base station and the camera have been set to record videos and audios with images. You can even set here motion detection and night vision mode.